Last modified: May 5, 2020
Collection of Your Personal Information
TD Digital may gather and use information about you, including (but not limited to) information in the following categories:
- Identification data (e.g. name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address);
- Electronic identification data (e.g. IP addresses, cookies);
- Banking and payment information (e.g. credit card information, account number);
- Information about your usage of and interaction with TD Digital products and website(s) (including a computer, platform, device and connection information, client performance information, error reports, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our website(s), and browser type);
- Products or services ordered and delivered;
- Correspondence between you and TD Digital; and
- Mobile device information (Location information, device identifiers such as manufacturer’s name, device model number, operating system, and carrier network).
Use of Your Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. TD Digital collects and uses, or has third party service providers acting on TD Digital’s behalf collecting and using personal data relating to you, as permitted or necessary to:
- provide other services for you (as described when we collect the information);
- provide you with customer support and troubleshoot problems;
- compare information for accuracy;
- inform you about service updates and faults;
- request feedback or participation in on-line surveys;
- resolve disputes;
- verify your identity;
- customise, measure, and improve TD Digital’s website(s), as well as other TD Digital products and services;
- organise and carry out TD Digital’s marketing or promotional operations/offers, contests, games and similar events; and
- protect your and TD Digital’s interests, including in particular to prevent and fight against fraud.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
Except as provided below, TD Digital will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any personal data or communications content outside of TD Digital and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your explicit permission, unless it is obliged to do so under applicable laws or by order of the competent authorities.
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of TD Digital when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons. TD Digital may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, to protect TD Digital’s interests, fight against fraud and to enforce our policies or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. TD Digital, TD Digital’s local partners, or the operator or company facilitating your communication may provide personal data, communications content and/or traffic data to an appropriate judicial, law enforcement or government authority lawfully requesting such information. TD Digital will provide reasonable assistance and information to fulfil this request and you hereby consent to such disclosure.
- For external processing. In order to provide you with TD Digital products you have requested, TD Digital may sometimes, if necessary, share your personal data with TD Digital’s group companies, carriers, partner service providers and/or agents. For example the third-party banking organisations or other providers of payment, email delivery, analytical services, customer support, or hosting services.
As TD Digital continues to develop its business, TD Digital might sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In any such transactions in which TD Digital or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of TD Digital users will generally be one of the transferred business assets. We reserve the right to include your personal information in any such transfer to a third party.
A ‘cookie’ is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses the web site) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user’s browser type and your internet service provider.
Security of Your Personal Information
TD Digital will take appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect the personal data provided to it or collected by it with due observance of the applicable obligations and exceptions under the relevant legislation. Your personal data can only be accessed by authorised employees of TD Digital or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers who need to have access to this data in order to be able to fulfil their given duties.
TD Digital may from time to time ask you to provide information on your experiences which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any of such data. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback forms on the website or any survey that you take part in is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the TD Digital products, services, and website(s).
TD Digital may contact you to send you messages about faults and other issues. Further, TD Digital reserves the right to use email to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of the TD Digital website(s) and/or TD Digital products, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights.
TD Digital may also use email to keep you up to date with news about the TD Digital services that you have purchased and/or to inform you about other TD Digital products, services or other TD Digital related information. You can opt-out of the receipt of alerts and/or promotional emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the email that you receive.
Access and Correction of Your Personal Data
You have the right to access and, where relevant, to amend your personal information. We will respond to requests to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information within a reasonable period of time and upon verification of your identity.
TD Digital will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate requests to delete personal information unless it is required to be retained by law or for lawful business purposes.
TD Digital may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup drives).
Retention of Your Personal Data
If you have any questions or would like further information about our privacy and information handling practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.